(Customize your company's printed reports.)
- Users can now modify the layout and appearance of any printed
- Modifications include adding logos, images or graphics, changing
fonts, colors and borders, adding labels or fixed blocks of text,
changing existing label captions, hiding controls from the default
layout and changing the position of controls and text on the printed
- A modified report layout can be shared with other P&V users in
your organization. Save a modified report layout to an rpx
file, or save it to the main database where it will automatically be
used by all who access that data file.
This illustration shows placing a company logo on
the Purchase Order report.
Modifications do not include changing the scope of
data that can be displayed on a particular report. The underlying
query and sources of data are not subject to end-user modification.
Item Status is now under same permission as ECO
(Prevents inadvertent change of status.)
- PV-EX users now have separate permission for item Status. This can
be used to lock item specifications for Released parts while still
allowing editing of Unreleased parts whose specifications are still
- Groups using PV-ECO no longer have premature ECO control of items
still under development (caused by setting Status = Released).
features in All Editions
Makes it easier to distribute licenses among workgroup
users. Permits equal access for users of a workgroup data file, without
having to share dedicated licenses between specific computers. How
to decide to get Dedicated or Group Licenses.
(Useful when some of your vendors are in another
country, and want to quote prices in their own currency.)
- Costs can be entered and/or displayed in your local currency or in
a foreign currency. Each vendor can have its own dedicated
exchange rate, or use a common exchange rate for the specific
- When the exchange rate is changed, the costs in the foreign
currency remain unchanged. Displaying costs in your local currency
will show the results of the updated exchange rate.
(Makes it easy to go back to a previous view.)
- Parts&Vendors saves the last 50 screen views during any active
session. Choose a previous view from the dropdown list on the
toolbar, or Alt+left arrow / Alt+right arrow to navigate Back and
New Purchase List Options
(Makes it easier to run subsequent Purchase Lists as
a project advances, without causing duplicate orders for items already
on order or already acquired.)
Show subassembly branches only on the Tree View
(Show the structure of your product without the
clutter of all the individual items.)
- New Tree Settings and Grid Settings menus centralize list
New Report features
- Print to larger paper size (B-size, 11x17).
- New Print option to Tile pages if report size exceeds paper width,
instead of Truncating columns that don't fit.
- Option to show total assembly cost on parts list and assembly tree
- Print Preview can show multiple pages on screen.
New Label printing features
- Users can enter new label definitions for styles not already
- Expanded field selection of Item Master fields when printing
labels from a PO.
- Number of duplicate labels can be driven by PO Order Quantity.
- Print Bar Codes.
- Bar Code scanning - Find an item, Adjust Stock for an item,
Receive an item. From the menu choose View...Barcode Input...
- New option to show List Tabs above grid - (Shortens mouse travel
necessary to select a listing.)
- Grid column and row separator lines can be turned on/off, reducing
visual clutter (Set on new Grid Settings menu, above grid.)
- On assy tree report, top level item is now included on listing so
it shows costs.
- Last Calculated Assy Cost can optionally be shown on the header of
the parts list or assembly tree printed report (Set on Page Setup
- Can now type more than 255 characters directly on the grid into
memo fields (previously required editing via the Zoom box).