- All editions can use private data files or share a workgroup data
file among multiple users. A licensed copy of the program is required
for each user.
- It is possible to use a mix of P&V Editions on an unsecured
data file, however the SE Edition will not be able to use certain data
entered by the EX or ECO Editions.
- Security and Revision Control features can optionally be installed
into a data file. Users then log in with a name and
Once security features are installed, the SE Edition will not
open the secured database.
Similarly, once ECO features are installed, the EX Edition will not
open the database.
- When sharing a data file, all copies of the program must be the same
version (i.e. 6.0).
- A File Password can be set to prevent unauthorized file
access with external tools, such as Microsoft Access®.
This is a separate operation from installing User Permissions, and
(the EX and ECO Editions of) the P&V program open the file without
requiring users to know the file password. The SE Edition
will not open a file secured with a file password.